Are you an optimist or a pessimist? Is the cup half full or half empty? There's a great story that's told about a pair of twin boys where one was an optimist and the other was a pessimist. On the twins birthday when the boys were at school, the father loaded the pessimists room with every imaginable toy and game. The optimist's room, he loaded with horse manure. That night the father passed by the pessimist's room and found him sitting amidst his new gifts crying bitterly. "Why are you crying?", the father asked.
- Because my friends will be jealous.
- I'll have to read the instructions.
- I'll constantly need batteries.
- My toys will all get broken.
…answered the pessimist.
And passing the optimist's room, the father found him dancing for joy and searching through the pile of manure. "What are you so happy about?", asked the father. The optimist boy replied, "Well there's got to be a pony in here somewhere!"
The truth is, we get to choose what perspective we have in life. The bible tells us in Philippians 4:8 "Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Lets take this advise and look for the good in all things and lets thank God for all the blessings we have received.
History Makers Book
Be one of the first to get a copy of Matt Prater’s latest Book History Makers Volume one. Now also available on Amazon!
Find out more…
History Makers TV
History Makers USB
Help Support Us
If you enjoy listening to History Makers Radio, please consider donating to help keep this show running.
Matt’s Latest Tweets
- I posted a new photo to Facebook https://t.co/SsWGi6J2mV 10 hours
- I have 17 new followers from Peru, and more last week. See https://t.co/3ucR954X9B https://t.co/hoN7EsuzPv 11 hours
- RT @MattPrater: So proud of my girl Gracie! Her School group won their heat in a singing comp last night!… https://t.co/KRGdqVza0W 11 hours